School Committee Meeting - June 15th, 2023
- Thu June 15th 2023 at 05:00 PM
- Clarksburg Elementary School - School Cafeteria
777 West Cross Road
Clarksburg MA, 01247 Directions
Meeting will be held in the school cafeteria. Park and enter at the rear entrance to the school building.
- Call to order:
- Public Comment/Open Meeting Rules: Clarification of the official legal rules of participation by the public in an open meeting.
- Approval of Minutes: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the minutes from the most recent School Committee Meeting dated May 4, 2023.
- Financial Statement: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the current financial statement for FY23.
- Business Administrators Report:
- Principal’s Report: Principal Cote will provide an update on any school related events, activities, and information.
- Assistant Superintendent’s Report:
- School Committee Business:
- New Business:
- School Choice 2023-2024: Review proposed classroom numbers in each grade level to determine a proposal and vote on school choice slots during the 2023-2024 school year.
- Bus Transportation: Discuss and vote on the updated changes as part of the bid process for the new bus contact starting in the 2023-2024 school year.
- Annual Town Meeting: Review the vote and any discussion from the annual town meeting on May 31, 2023 to approve the FY24 school budget.
- Continuing Business:
- Contract negotiations: Next proposed negotiating meeting is Tuesday, June 27, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
- School Building Project: Any updated information regarding the planned summer project to address the ADA accessibility issue with a chairlift on the back stairwell.
- New Business:
- Executive Session- Per Chapter 30A, Section 21 MGL: To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining, as well as strategy in preparation of negotiations with non-union personnel.
- Next School Committee Meeting: July/August TBD
The agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Posted: Any person may, pursuant to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law, audiotape an open meeting. As such, please be advised that this meeting may be taped by any person present.